15. Points for each tournament and monthly meeting will count toward the Angler of the Year Award in October.
Points will be accrued as follows:
1. 2 points for attending the monthly meeting.
2. 3 points will be awarded to any contestant that showed up and fished the tournament regardless if he has to leave early or showed up late at the weigh in.
3. 6 points for both days of a two day tournament.
4. 1 point for wearing a Hawg Hunter shirt and hat in at least one day of a tournament.
5. 15 points for 1st place, 14 for 2nd, 13 for 3rd, 12 for 4th, 11 for 5th, 10 for 6th, 9 for 7th, 8 for 8th, 7 for 9th, 6 for 10th, 5 for 11th, 4 for 12th, 3 for 13th, 2 for 14th, 1 for 15th. Any member with a legal keeper fish will receive one point.
In the event of a tie for a tournament the tied fishermen will be awarded an equal number of points by combining the points for the tied places. In the event of a tie at the end of the year, the following tie breaker will be used in order:
1. The individual with the largest number of legal fish weighed in for the year.
2. The individual with the largest number of live fish weighed in during the year.
3. The individual with the heaviest tournament stringer of fish weighed in during the year.
Tournament points will be awarded as follows 30 for 1st, 29 for 2nd, 28 for 3rd, and etc.
Any member catching a legal fish will receive points for their weight position.
Anyone not catching fish will be awarded the minimum points allowed by club rules.
This rule will allow anyone that catches a legal fish to be able to get some points for his effort. The present rule does not allow anyone after 15th member to get any points and does not give anyone the incentive to fish harder and does not reflect his ability to catch fish.